In 2020, I am Eyeing The Russian

In 2020, I am Eyeing The Russian

In children’s games, we began by shouting, “Ready or not, here I come.” Times have changed, but the outcry is still appropriate for the new decade. Ready or not, it is here and I’m ready. Ready to create, to write, and to make the most of every day.

It reminds me of a comment a critically ill man made when asked by a friend how he was doing. His answer was spot on. “I enjoyed my sandwich at lunch.”

Such a little thing, but how accurate. It’s the little things that count. Another way of saying it is to enjoy the journey, not just wait to reach the final terminal of wherever we are going. Enjoy the journey!

My journey as we start this new era is to make the most of each day as we construct my series of novels, the “Border Wars.” The series began with Color of the Prism, a fact-based novel set on the Arizona/Sonora border.

Tarantino Productions purchased the movie rights but never put together the fifty-million budget to complete the film. Below is a trailer they created.



The second in the series is We Were Young Once . . . , now in production at Defiance Press. Set on the New Mexico/Chihuahua border near Hachita, New Mexico, this fact-based novel further illuminates the horrors of human and drug trafficking.

I've shared this on my newsletter, but in case you missed it, this is a quick video about that border town devastated from the drug wars. This is the setting for my upcoming novel.



The third in the series, The Russian, is a work in progress. Like We Were Young Once... the setting is focused in Southern New Mexico. Similar to its predecessors, The Russian will provide readers with an in-depth look at the international cartels and mafia entangled in the lucrative black market of human slavery and narcotics trafficking.

Join My Newsletter!

I've recently started a newsletter and as an incentive to join to receive exclusive content and special giveaways I'm giving away a free short story called Come Back Yesterday. Sign up here on my website: http://geni.us/TomNewsletterSignup to get your copy!

Come Back Yesterday
Kayla waits for years to have the full attention of her boyfriend, Benigno. Finally, when Kayla is ready to give up hope, he confesses what has been keeping him so busy, the news of an amazing discovery...one that will change the course of history forever. A discovery that will change the lives of every human on Earth in ways that no one could fully anticipate.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog